Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eastern Blooms Steps

Here's a "step card" - I ended up doing a fair amount of cutting (the flowers.) The instructions to make this type of card are pretty simple.
Basic instructions for the "steps":
- Cut (1) 4-1/4" x 11" CS
- Score @ 1-1/4", 2-1/2", 4-1/4", 6", 8-1/4"
For the card, cut (1) 4-1/4" x 5-1/8"
Let your imagination run wild for the rest: maybe photos in various sizes?

Here's a side view showing the "steps"

This is a close-up of the "back card" - the flowers have dimensionals in the back and the petals of the flowers are hand "curled" so they aren't so flat.

Here is a close-up of the front 2 "steps".

Supplies:
  • Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Happy Everything
  • CS: Raspberry Tart Designer Paper, Whisper White, Rose Red
  • Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Rose Red
  • Accys: Dimensionals, 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Stamp-a-mah-jig

Thank you for stopping by today....................hugs. Please leave a comment if you like (or don't like) this card.

20 comments:

kay said...

I love the colors you used here, Patti! The card folds are fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this color combination...beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

You've done it again! This is just beautiful, from the style of the card to the colors you've chosen, it's truly beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Patti, This is such a pretty card! In fact, I think it's the prettiest stair card I've seen. Makes me want to get the Eastern Blooms set and I'm not esp. into Asian inspired images. You did a beautiful job! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and wonderful color use, Patti. TFS, this is one card I am caseing very soon!

PENNYLYN said...

i love the colors! i love the design...i love this stamp set! :)

Rose said...

How fun is that card!!! I love those flowers and love this card design - I've seen several versions, but I think I like yours the best out of all the ones I've seen. Great job :)

Katrice said...

I love this card! Thanks for giving the scoring info. I think I'll try and make one of these this week.

Ann said...

This is so cool!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this card.....I'm excited to make it for a valentine and of course flowers....

Unknown said...

It is absolutely beautiful. WOW

Carole said...

I love it. I like step cards, but this atyle allows for a much larger message.

Unknown said...

I really like this card,you made it so elegiant and fun looking thanks for sharing.

Paulz said...

Love the colours ,it's so clean looking and fresh. Have noted down the measurements and will try this tomorrow. Like the depth of the steps.

A Margery Card said...

Your card is so eye-catching. I really like it! I have done a few of these cards in the past and liked them, but your card has inspired me to create another one. I, too, love the color RED and would probably do everything in red if I could. Ha!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, lovely design and placement of the flowers

Barby G said...


Many thanks for your lovely clear instructions and ideas

Chris P's Minis and More said...

love love love it!! How did you make tge back dupport?

Anonymous said...

Love your handmade card I just started making my own cards for family and friends and they say and seem to love them more then a store bought card. Thanks for sharing

Char said...

I love this card, but where are the dimensions, I love folded cards. very cute idea