Monday, August 16, 2010

Asian Wrapping Paper Bitty Book

What did you do this weekend? A few of us got together to make little mini books. They are called Bitty Books (retired SU on board product but I still love them). I finished mine today. Recognize it? It's my birthday wrapping paper from Gail W..........recycle gifting!!! Thank you again, Gail!!!! I love how it turned out. Here's the front:

A closer view of the front: I found some gold that was close to the color in the wrapping paper and used that along with Black and popped the whole hexagon with dimensionals. The embellishment is sent from Asia and is attached using mini glue dots. The coins is also attached with mini glue dots.

Inside album cover is a black framed Cherry Cobbler pagoda.

Album outside front & back:

Here's a closer view of the pagoda and spine bead and metal charms:

Inside album covers are embellished dragons with a strip of wrapping paper on the edge:

The dragons are cut using Kraft CS, Cherry Cobbler, and the Gold CS, attached using 2 way glue pen


Here's the album with the photo pages:

Back of Bitty Book Case:
I hope I can see the completed and embellished albums that the pother gals made soon. They will be fabulous, I'm sure.
Supplies:
  • Stamps: none
  • SU CS: Black, Cherry Cobbler, Kraft (non SU), Gold CS (non SU)
  • Ink: none
  • Accys: On board Bitty Book (retired SU), 2 Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dot, Sticky Tape, Anywhere Glue Stick, Hexagon Nestibilities, Cricut pagoda and My World Cartridges.
Thank you for stopping by today.......................

12 comments:

eunice said...

Incredible! Fabulous! Amazing! Patti, you just totally blew me away with this gorgeous album. Girl, you are in a whole different class from the rest of us!

- - Sheryl - - said...

love the bitty book
I too like to recycle - and have only used wrapping paper once or twice on cards - did you use a glue stick to adhere it to the box?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, I love that paper. What a great project. TFS.

Creations by Patti said...

Hi Sheryl

A Glue stick was used to adhere the wrapping paper to the chipboard box. Apply the glue to the box and not the paper - the paper may be too fragile to withstand the pressure of application. Since I tried this project, I may test a few other cool rolls of wrapping paper I have on hand.

thanks for your question,
P

Helen said...

Fabulous album!

Judy DiScipio said...

Absolutely adorable!!!! I love iy...now I just need to find my Bitty Books. Judy :)

Bea said...

Hi Patti, I come and visit your blog nearly on a daily basis, and I'm always amazed by what you do! Thanks for sharing and for the great tutorials you make
Bea from France
http://cadresandscrap.canalblog.com

Anonymous said...

very nice, I like chinese art.

Judy Longwith said...

Patti - Love, love, love your bitty book - I am a big fan of Asian designs and also loved the kimono kids card - have not made it yet but plan to very soon. Keep those Asian designs coming. Judy L.

Anonymous said...

Patti,
You are the coolest Asian chick ever! I just LOVE this project- I just received a present from a traveler from Korea and I could not care much about the present but the WRAPPING! It's good to see that I am not the only one. Thank you for the inspiration!

Lynda Lee

md said...

l'ensemble est superbe bravo md