Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gingerbread Recipe Book

I had been eyeing one of these kits for a while and finally decided to get it. This is the Cookie Recipe kit from Pine Cone Press. I wrecked the chipboard cover so I made my own by covering it with Brown card stock. It basically looks the same but ya still gotta be careful not to push down on the covers or the seams will rip and be ugly. Finished project size is 3-3/8" x 5-1/2" x 7-3/8". There are 6 double sided library pockets with (12) pull out recipe tags. The construction of this album is unique........instructions to cut and assemble are included in the kit. Plenty of extra paper left over so I cut some of the cookies out and inserted them in the pockets.
Glossy accents was added the the bow tie, buttons, cookie jar rims, and chocolate chip cookies:

Here's the back, the Gingerbread man is peeking over the cookie jar.

Overview:

The book opens almost flat with each library pocket peeking out:

And here are the pages, only one of the recipe pockets are pulled out here:

As shown, there is room for photos or journaling:

This has got to be my favorite page with those Gingerbread folks.

Here are some cookie inserts and Gingerbread man tag:

Another photo or journaling opportunity with more cookies:

The last and/ back page is again, a place for photo or journaling

Glossy accents was added to areas of ric rac trim, brads, cookie sprinkles, and cookie outlines for that subtle shine. This book is quite impressive by itself without the recipes but will even be more impressive once my favorites are in it. Assembly was not difficult. All the pockets and tags are die cut already so it was really quick...............Hope you enjoyed this.

7 comments:

CarrieNixon said...

Patti! I wish I was your next door neighbour!!!! Do you ever sell your items online? I LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff!

cropsticks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cropsticks said...

Love this recipe book! Cute gingerbread men!

Andrea Holmstrom said...

Awesome! I love it! Nice work.

Lightleaf Studio said...

That's a very sweet work. I so love your creations ! Christmas is more magical with you !

My Creative Chateau said...

This just about the cutest recipe book I have seen this season. Great Job!!! Thanks for sharing it.

mschiddy said...

This is adorable! Love how you added extra detailing with the glossy accents and with inks! Thanks for sharing this project.