Monday, January 23, 2012

Dandelion Fuzzy and Ping Valentine Pop-Up

This Valentine card is sooooo cute! I used the newly released Dandelion cling style Fuzzy Bear 1 and Fuzzy Bear 2 stamp sets to make this one card. I also incorporated Ping from the Friend to Friend Dandelion stamp set, too. The DSP used is a retired pack from SU a couple years ago: hard to see in the photo ...........some iridescent glimmer: perfect for this card!

The balloons, stamped and cut out, popped with dimensionals. Red and Pink embroidery floss used for the balloon strings.

Slowly open card:

Card Fully opened shows both Fuzzy and Ping suspending and floating on a scalloped heart!!!
Copic colors used for Fuzzy and Ping: RV25, RV46, RV29, RV02, RV04, E21, E55, E34, RV21. Both are cut out, then popped with dimensionals. I like that they are holding hands. Oh, so cute! And, did you see the stamped message at the bottom of the heart?
To make this card:
(1) 5-1/2" x 8-1/4" SU Real red Cs, score @ 4-1/4" on the 8-1/4" side
(1) 4" x 5-1/4" Paper Company Pink CS
(1) 3-3/4"x 5" DSP of your choice
(2) 4" x 5-1/8" DSP of your choice for the card inside
(1) "spinning" movement cut in CS Vanilla. I used Sizzix Spinning 3-D die, then reduced the spinner mechanism to be 20% smaller since my card is A2 size. The original spinning movement appeared a bit large.
(3) Heart strips or any border will also work. These heart strips were made using the SVG cut files from SVGcuts.com Valentine Mailbox Collection. I couldn't find any heart strips in my search on line so I simply did a "weld" using SCAL3 with the separate hearts to connect them, then I made the cut using my Silhouette Cameo
(1) 3-1/2" x 3-1/4" Scallop heart which can be found in the Valentine Mailbox Collection
(6) Pink Hearts: these were cut using my SCAL3 program with my Silhouette Cameo
Thank you for stopping by today and a very happy crafting day to you............

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness- it is cute! I love the combination of the panda and bear!

Jennifer said...

Patti,

What an adorable card!!! :) Love all the details!

Thank you for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com