Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Nutcracker: Santa's Suit

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!
This is the second of many new ones since I resumed posting yesterday. This Santa Suit nutcracker was made for a family friend. This is an SVG cut file (using SCAL computer program and my Silhouette to cut) from my favorite on line store: SVGcuts.com. The cut file is called Clara's Christmas Eve SVG Kit which can be found here. My very first nutcracker was posted here using Graphic 45 Nutcracker designer paper. This one is using retired SU Holiday Flocked designer paper for the clothing that I had been keeping for a while.  The SU Holiday paper collection also had smaller all over red/white designer pattern that worked well for the cuffs and top of the boots. Time to use some of that paper!!! I have also been using the retired SU Blush Blossom for all the hands and heads for the nutcrackers, too. I still have plenty in my stash because one package goes a long way..........
Back view:
Side view:
Hat detail: Clear adhesive rhinestones (from Recollections) and also a red "feather" with a red adhesive rhinestone (from Recollections).
Top of the hat is a metal snowflake (from my stash) and a white plastic snowflake made by All Dressed UP (button company). Black card stock is AC paper with a slight texture.
His beard is using a simple dot embossing Cuttlebug folder. Silver paper across the chest with clear adhesive rhinestones (from Recollections)
My autograph under the back body:
Boot detail: also metal snowflakes attached using mini glue dots
And, of course smaller adhesive rhinestones on the cuff
I love how this one turned out -so elegant and fun! Stay tuned tom for yet another nutcracker.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing Nutcracker! Happy Holidays, Patti!

Jan Castle said...

Merry Christmas to you my friend! Your Nutcracker is the perfect touch!!! I can hear the music even now as he starts marching!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Wow...fantastic!!! Great job Pattie.. you do such beautiful projects!!