Monday, March 11, 2013

All Hallows Eve

OK - I know it's not Halloween yet. I did have some left over projects from 2012 to start/finish and I just gotta tell ya that it feels GREAT to complete projects that weigh on my shoulders.  This project actually turned out better than I had expected although I liked it as the original way from the instructions. This is a kit from Embellish It On Line  and can be purchased here. Finished album size is 6-3/4" x 6-3/4". I believe the album is made by The Farm House. The paper collection used is from Carte Bella and can be seen here. When you purchase the kit, everything is included to finish this album............and, I mean EVERYTHING! Also included in the kit are very detailed photos and instructions to follow. Of course, I chose to tweak the layouts just a little. Here's the cover with chipboard embellishments along with those creepy brads.  Just enough orange glitter is on the title around the skull and circle. I also decided to sponge all the edges with Black ink. Love it!
Inside the first pages: fold back brad corner and some chipboard elements
Simple decorative amt and more chipboard embellishments:
The paper is gorgeous - the ribbon band on the right side is lose to enable a photo to be slipped underneath.
Another corner brad and a pocket with a tag.  The Pixie chipboard is attached to the ribbon and is lose to enable a photo to be slipped underneath as the previous page.
Another pocket on the left page with tags and another page with chipboard embellishment and again able to slip a photo underneath. hmmm.....I should have changed that a bit.
Again, instructions only had one flap but I decided to make a flap on both sides with a overhung tag.
I also tweaked the left page with a flap that flips up to hold journaling or a photo. On the right side is a pocket with a tag.
On the left side, I added a pocket with a tag (made from using the Carte Bella packaging).
Back of the album is left plain.....................this was a fun and quick mini to make . It can be completed within a few hours.  Finish it off with the black wire ribbon wrapped around the spine.  I love this and hope to be able to insert my favorite Halloween photos this year.

1 comment:

eunice said...

Goodness, gurl! You've certainly been diligently working to complete all your mini albums kits. They all turned out fabulous...esp. love the one with the tropical theme...so much work and attention to details!