Friday, March 8, 2013

Tropical Paradise Mini

Yup, another mini. This one is from Pine Cone Press using Graphic 45's Tropical Paradise paper. I got this kit last year.  Started it and it sat for a few more months unfinished.........well, it is because I totally re-configured the mini from the original concept.  I needed to purchase additional paper because I made so many changes, even on the cover. You can purchase the original mini from Pine Cone Press here. Finished album is now 6-1/2" x 8. I love the passport in the front along with with chipboard floral stamps.
Here's a close-up of the top right corner. I added some small shells from my own stash and adhesive rhinestones along with some ruffled up burlap (which came in the kit)
Here are the floral stamps which were backed with lightweight chipboard and popped with dimensionals.  More small shells and rocks from my stash added.
I love the inside of the passport - it really looks like some old vintage country immigration stamps.

Here's the inside of page 1 and 2. Photos can be slipped underneath the flowers.
Pages 2 and 3: lots of small and a couple larger size floral stamps. Those shiny squares?  They are repositionable tape so I can move them around once the photos are in place. I love having the flexibility to do that.
On each page, flip up the larger floral stamp to reveal a small place for a photo and a place for a larger one, too.

This is the blue page: Love those women ...so from the deco era..........they are flaps that open......
When each side is flipped open, a place for two additional photos.
These pages are decorated with chipboard embellishments and places to slip photos or journaling.
These pages have "pockets" to slide photos into........
Another blue page: pockets with lots of fun embellishments and photo mats
Another Green page with floral bands with photo mats inserted
Here are the last 2 pages: to make these different, I made some higher pockets to hold the photo mats.
Yup, flip each of the pockets up to reveal a place for a smaller photo and a larger one, too.
The kit came with one 12 x 12 sheet of floral stamps............after finishing this album, I still had 1/4 sheet of floral stamps............wow!

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

Now this is a work of art Patti...makes me want to go to some place tropical!!! TFS!
Paper Hugs,
Jan