Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another Asian Mother's Day Card

Here's another Mother's Day card.  This time I used a "Cheong Sam" (which is the traditional Chinese Dress) for one of the images (it is popped up with foam squares). I had gotten this image from one of my overseas travels, scanned it, and traced it using my SCAL program ( which can also be done using the Silhouette, too). The girl is from the Graphic 45 Bird Song Shanghai Ladies  8x8 paper pack. The paper used is the Graphic 45 Bird Song Joy Luck paper. Yes, my mother-in-laws birthday is the day after Mother's Day. "Mom" is cut using my SCAL program/font is Lobster 2 in black card  stock.  The card edge is a tweaked Martha Stewart Modern Cube punch - I shrunk it down in SCAL so it would fit perfectly in the 5-1/2 card length. The mat used under the Chinese Dress form is Stampin Up Pretty in Pink card stock. Flowers are from Wild Orchid (located in the UK) except lilies and leaves are from the Silhouette on line store.
Here's a closer look: Adhesive Pearls around the neckline of the Dress. 
The Lilies are cut using white card stock then using Copic Y18, R85, R89, RV10.
Card inside used up some of the leaves:
Here's what the lilies look like when they are cut, I made a trial using a hand cut larger size sample.  
After coloring all the petals, use one of those flower squishers with a ball to shape the petals (it really helps). Note, I used a tweezer to bend down the tips of the stamen.
This was a grat crad to make................enjoy your carfty day.

4 comments:

Karen L said...

Oh my gosh, those lilies are amazing! I am floored that you hand-made them.

Jan Castle said...

Patti, this is the best card yet!!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

StampinwithAloha said...

Oh, my gosh! You are amazing! Absolutely gorgeous!

eunice said...

Wow! Beautiful card, Patti! Lovin' all the handmade extra details like the cheong sam, and the amazing lilies. Great job with the sizing of the border, too...not so hard, eh? Bet your mil was thrilled to receive this awesome little treasure!