Monday, May 13, 2013

My Mom's Asian Accordion 3D Flip Album

Part 2 of my Mother's Day project.
Papers are from the Graphic 45 Bird Song collection: Tranquility and Jasmine Dream.  Sizzix Accordion Flip 3D die and Frame and Label, Bracket dies used. Corner frame images is a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page: Canning (not sure why they named this punch Canning) that is diagonally cut after it is punched.  Spellbinders Nestabilities Label One for the inside photo frame (whew! Thank goodness that die worked).  Since I have 4 siblings, there are five sections.Here is the overview:
Butterfly is a die from Cherry Lynn Designs: Exotic Butterfly Small DL-112.  Each photo has a unique antique gold year of the "snake, rabbit, rat, tiger, and dragon" charm I found in my stash of things that needed to be used.  This project is the perfect one! Those photos: are when we were toddlers.
Here's a closer look at the Zodiac charms:
The gold vellum butterfly:
FLIP or turn over the project to find us all grown up!!!!! How quickly did that happen!!!!! OMG!!!!
For the photos: they were adjusted in Picasa (a FREE photo program) and color used is a "sepia" tone. It was really easy to do...................I loved how this project turned out and know my Mom will get a kick out of it, too.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Man... I gotta get this die!!! Beautiful mini album!

Gwen said...

This is amazing! Your mom is so lucky!

Karli said...

This was clearly a work of heart- your mom will absolutely love & treasure it.Hugs~

Jan Castle said...

What a precious gift for your MOM...love what you did with the kids and flipped to all grown up! You definitely need to come visit and bring that die to show me how to do this - LOL!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Mary R. said...

Oh my patti that picture frames was really beautiful I would love to know how you made that one... your are so talated my goodness .

MaryR

eunice said...

OMG, OMG! What a wonderful keepsake gift/card for your mom. I'll bet she was very excited to receive this amazing album. LOL, I thought it was kind of funny that you 'n I both used the same Sizzix die to make our Mothers Day cards this year!