Friday, September 12, 2014

Grahic 45 Heritage Mini Books with Drawer

Something for me!!!! YAY, I finally got around to finishing this cute little box which will hold some precious photos and details about my family when they first got here from China.  It took me a while to figure out what papers to use but I am always steered toward the Graphic 45 Bird Song papers, especially for this project. The case is 4-3/4" x 4-1/2" x 6" (including feet). The Mini Album Display Case is manufactured by Gina's Designs and can be purchased here.  Graphic 45 Bird Song papers used: 12x12 Jasmine Dream, 12x12 Good Fortune, 8x8 Tranquility, 8x8 Joy Luck
LOVE the pull out drawer to hold some family treasures. Drawer is 4-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 4-1/2" and don't you love the paper used inside the drawer, too?
2-3/4" Resin Ornament and metal coin on top of the box is from my stash. Fabric-tac is used to attach these embellishments
Details on the trinkets used for the book spine:
Blue Moon Trinket Shoppe BM20131 Metal Asian Charm
Blue Moon Orient Express BM19717 Charm Metal Lantern
Rayon cord used to attach the charms
A  7 Gypsies Pewter Book Knob Red - use some Ranger alcohol ink to make it gold color.
Each pull out book measures 4-1/4" x 3-1/2" x 1-1/8" with five (5) pages to adhere photos and journaling.
When the book is opened, it will reveal who this book is about. In this book, my Dad's 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" photo here when he was young.
Turning the page reveals an even younger 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" photo of him with the facing page 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" showing the computer details. Edges of the facing page are lightly inked in Brown for that aged look.  The rest of the pages have photos of my Dad as he has grown through the years with some information details to pass onto the next generation.
As a final finish, wooden feet from your local hardware store. Paint them black with acrylic paint.
I love how this project turned out. It will be kept for many years and displayed along with some of my few treasured photos I have.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Your work is so amazing. I just envy your ability to put together such a magnificent piece.

Kim's Life said...

Awesome! Such detail!

koala said...

Super gorgeous !!! What a beautiful work !!!